The Children's Cancer Association, dba MyMusicRx ("CCA" or "We"), is a non-profit organization that strives to fulfill critical needs for seriously ill children and young adults that are otherwise unmet and to bring joy to young hearts through our various services. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this privacy notice ("Privacy Notice").
This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.mymusicrx.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any other means, including on any other website operated by CCA, including, but not limited to, www.joyrx.com, which has its own Privacy Notice, or any third party (including affiliates and subsidiaries) website; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including games) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
Privacy Notice Summary
This Website is an innovative digital platform with two main purposes. The first purpose of this Website is as a fundraising platform for the CCA to continue to provide music medicine to children and young adults with cancer and other serious illnesses ("General Content"). Any user of the Website ("General Users") can see the fundraising and informational materials on this Website. The second and main purpose of this Website is to provide music medicine and entertainment to seriously ill children and young adults. Children and young adults between the ages of 5 and 20 years old with a verifiable serious illness may register and create an account ("Registered Users"), to access the portions of this Website viewable only by Registered Users ("Restricted Content").
We encourage you to read our Privacy Notice to understand how we collect and use personal information you provide us through our Website. We will indicate which sections apply only to Registered Users, and which apply to General Users (General Users includes Registered Users). To assist you, we offer this short summary, applicable to General Users:
- We do not sell or share your personal information to anyone without your permission except as disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- We will only send you materials that you have indicated that you want to receive according to your preferences, and will honor your opt-out requests.
- We have procedures to protect your personal information.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in certain circumstances described in this Privacy Notice, such as to satisfy a local requirement or protect our property.
This Website has received TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this Privacy Notice and the practices and procedures of the CCA have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's program requirements. The CCA, dba MyMusicRx, is a member of TRUSTe’s Children’s Online Privacy Seal Program. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Website, and does not cover other information, such as information that may be collected through our sponsor sites such as the CCA’s main website, www.JoyRx.com, and Apple's iTunes store to participate in the "Good Tunes For A Good Cause" program. In addition, TRUSTe’s program does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from this Website.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our Privacy Notice or practices, please contact us at: questions@MyMusicRx.org; or by mail at:
Children’s Cancer AssociationIf you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.
433 NW 4th Avenue, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97209
Our digital operations on this Website are conducted, in whole or in part, in the United States. Regardless of where you live, by using this Website, you consent to have cookies and any personal information that you provide to us, transferred, processed and stored in the United States and to allow CCA to collect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Children Under the Age of 13 – General User and Registered User
The General Content of our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect General User Personal Information (as defined below) from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the General Content of this Website through features such as the "Prescribe Music" form. If we discover that personal information was collected through the General Content of our Website from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us pursuant to the Contact Information provided above.
Registered Users or Potential Registered Users
We require verifiable consent from a parent or guardian before a MyMusicRx profile is created for any child under the age of 13. To ensure that we have consent from a parent or guardian, we require that a parent or guardian complete a registration form and create or approve their child’s MyMusicRx Registered User account. A child’s participation or access to an activity is not conditioned on him/her providing more Registered User Personal Information (as defined below) than is reasonably necessary for that activity. For more information about registration, see Information We Collect About Registered Users or Potential Registered Users and Registration to Receive Restricted Content below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information We Collect About General Users
We collect several types of information from General Users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address, age, credit card number, photo, digital recording and music created by you ("General User Personal Information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you such as, favorite song; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us from: (a) forms you fill-out on the Website, such as the "Prescribe Music" form, "Donate" form, "Parental Consent" form, artist/athlete/celebrity "Upload Form", and "Feedback" form; and (b) records and copies of your correspondence (including email address) if you contact us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
If you are under the age of 13, do not provide General User Personal Information to the CCA.
Information We Collect About Registered Users or Potential Registered Users
To register to receive the Restricted Content, you must be between the age of 5 and 20 and have a serious or life threatening illness, condition, or injury, including frequent hospitalizations, on-going procedures, or long-term treatments. Please do not attempt to register if you do not have a serious and verifiable medical illness. If you are under the age of 13, you'll need your parent or guardian to fill out a registration consent form
In order to register to receive the Restricted Content, require the following personally identifiable information:
- your full name; your gender; your birth date; country of residence; state of residence; hometown; your medical diagnosis; your primary doctor; your treatment facility name; your guardian name; your guardian phone number, and your guardian email address; your photo or you may select a cartoon avatar; and an "About Me" statement ("Registered User Personal Information").
We collect this information directly from you when you or from the guardian/parent that fills out the "Create Account" form.
Registration to Receive Restricted Content
The following registration process applies to receive the Restricted Content, depending on the age of the potential Registered User.
Users Under the Age of 13
In order to register a child under the age of 13 to participate in the Website, there are two application procedures:
- A parent or guardian may download, print, complete and mail, fax or scan and email the registration and Parent/Guardian Consent form to the CCA. During registration you are required to provide contact information (such as name and email address). Once we receive the signed registration and parental consent form, you may create your child’s MyMusicRx account.
In addition, guardians/parents may at any time review any Registered User Personal Information collected about their child in accordance with the Parent/Guardian Consent form requirements below.
Users Over the Age of 13
Young adults between the ages of 13 and 17 should ask their parent or guardian to review this Privacy Notice.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the CCA, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
For all General Users (which includes Registered Users), we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it, such as updates about special featured artists, new songs, free downloads and applications.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To process your entries, if any, to run sweepstakes, contests, programs and surveys.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For other purposes required by law.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use General User information to contact you about our giving campaigns that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
Disclosure of General User Information.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a non-profit successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or transfer of some or all of the Children Cancer Association's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Children Cancer Association about our Website General Users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us your name and a message to use our "Prescribe Music" feature, we will transmit the contents of your prescription and your name and message to our prescription board. If a Registered User applies for free giveaways, the information provided will be used to send the free product to the correct address.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Children's Cancer Association, the children we serve, our donors, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Disclosure of Registered User Information
Links to Other Websites
This Website contains links to other websites, including, but not limited to, the iTunes Store®, Starbright World from Starlight Children’s Foundation, and Facebook® that are not owned or controlled by CCA. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information to Third Party Sponsors. We do not share General User Personal Information or Registered User Personal Information with any of our third party sponsors. However, as stated above, third parties such as Apple do have cookies and web beacons on our Website that track your persistent identifiers. You can disable cookies on your browser as stated above, or you can learn about the privacy practices of our various third party sponsors on their websites.
- Donation Campaigns from the CCA. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the CCA to promote our donation campaigns, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to questions@MyMusicRx.org. If we have sent you a donation promotional e-mail, to be removed from the list press the "Click To Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email, or you may send us an e-mail at: questions@MyMusicRx.org, asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an e-mail at: questions@MyMusicRx.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Registered Users and a Registered User's Parent or Guardian
A Registered User can review and change his/her personal information by logging into the Website and visiting his/her MyMusicRx account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at: questions@MyMusicRx.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We will retain Registered User Personal Information for as long as the Registered User's account is active. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at questions@MyMusicRx.org.
When setting up the account of a child under 13, guardians/parents sign a form that allows them to review any Registered User Personal Information collected from their child, have this information deleted, and/or request that there be no further collection or use of their child’s information by email, fax or phone. For young adults aged 13 through 17, guardians/parents can contact the CCA at questions@MyMusicRx.org to receive access to view, edit and close a MyMusicRX account.
Artists, Athletes and Celebrities
The security of Registered User Personal Information and General Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. When you enter Registered User Personal Information on our registration or other forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like our prescribe music feature. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our Privacy Notice regarding the collection or use of General User and/or Registered User Personal Information, we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to how we use Registered User Personal Information collected from children under age 13, we will notify parents or guardians by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s Registered User Personal Information. If we make material changes to how we use Registered User Personal Information collected from Registered Users between the ages of 13 and 20 we will notify you on your next log-in, or request consent via email for the material change.